FOR BUSINESS AND RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS
The Knox Rapid Entry System was developed to save property and lives.
In order to provide a faster and more secure service to our community, the Brookville Volunteer Fire Company has adopted the Knox-Box® Rapid Entry System. The Knox-Box® rapid entry system is a secure emergency access program developed for property owners and fire departments. When a fire breaks out or there is a medical emergency, Knox® products allow immediate entry into buildings and property without forced entry damage or delay. Property owners store entrance keys, access cards and floor plans in high-security Knox-Boxes mounted near building entrances. Each Knox-Box purchased by a property owner is keyed to a single master key controlled by the Brookville Volunteer Fire Company. Only the Brookville Volunteer Fire Company has access to the single mater key through the Knox-Box® Key-Secure® System. Key-Secure® is a keypad-controlled unit that retains the Knox® Master Key in emergency vehicles. Fire department personnel simply enter their authorized PIN code and a Knox Master Key is released for service. Once secured, the key is locked in place until the next PIN code is entered to authorize key release. Anytime a key is released or secured it is logged in the Key-Secure® unit to ensure the security of the Master Key. We currently have the Knox Box Key-Secure in all of our apparatus including the Chief's Vehicle ensuring quick access in any emergency.
In addition to key boxes and vaults, Knox padlocks and key switches operate with the same master key. There are so many gated communities today that fire and police departments are delayed when responding to emergency calls. Increased property damage and even total loss is a threat when property is not accessible. Knox-Box have been used in Brookville now for 10 years on several commercial and residential buildings.
Knox-Boxes are constructed of ¼" solid steel with a ½" steel door and reinforced locking mechanism. They are UL listed against physical attack and UL listed for drill, pick and pull resistance. Knox-Boxes are specified by the Brookville Volunteer Fire Company but are purchased directly from the Knox Company. Once installed near the entrance to your property, the fire company locks your building entrance key inside the Knox-Box so that it is available onsite for future emergencies.
If you have any further questions feel free to call the Knox Company at 800-552-5669 or you can visit the Knox website at www.knoxbox.com. Otherwise, please call BVFC at (814) 814-5400 to obtain an order form and installation instructions. The Brookville Volunteer Fire Company has put our trust in the Knox Company for the last ten years and would encourage all of our community members to do the same. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.
Ten reasons to install a Knox Box system on your home or business.
1. Eliminate needless, costly forced entry damage that may not be covered by your Insurance deductible.
2. Assure immediate building entry by firefighters without delay or waiting for building keys.
3. Protect inventory, equipment and supplies from unnecessary water damage caused by delayed sprinkler shut-off.
4. Satisfy any local fire codes and emergency access ordinances that may be in place.
5. Save time and aggravation by not having to drive to your establishment at 2:00 am for a false alarm.
6. Feel secure about emergency coverage when your building/residence is left unattended. The Brookville Volunteer Fire Company holds the only key to the Knox-Box.
7. Maintain building security after a fire alarm investigation by simply re-locking the undamaged door.
8. Protect your property from thousands of dollars in damage with this one-time, low cost investment.
9. Depend on the highest lock box security available with attack resistant, UL tested reliability.
10. Over the last 27 years, Knox-Box has been the chosen solution in 7,000 communities nationwide - communities just like ours!